BARNS ABOUT 50 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF HYDE HALL FARM HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1307880
Date first listed:
27-May-1968
Date of most recent amendment:
29-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
BARNS ABOUT 50 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF HYDE HALL FARM HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARNS ABOUT 50 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF HYDE HALL FARM HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307880 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 05:27:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARNS ABOUT 50 METRES SOUTH SOUTH EAST OF HYDE HALL FARM HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
North Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Sandon
National Grid Reference:
TL 34180 32671

Details

SANDON HYDE HALL TL 33 SW 7/64 Barns about 50m SSE 27.5.68 of Hyde Hall Farm House (formerly listed as East Barn at Hyde Hall) GV II Two barns. Late C16. Red brick casing to timber frame. Slate and tiled roofs. 5 bays and 7 bays forming an L on plan. 2 storey and attic gable end facing house: plinth, ground floor entrance, first floor two 3 light double chamfered rendered brick mullioned windows, chamfered oculus in attic, coped gable parapet, all as if reflecting design of earlier Hyde Hall (q.v.). Outer elevation on left return has plinth, an entrance, 3 ground floor 2 light double chamfered oak mullioned windows, 1 more on first floor, tiled roof slope, hip at rear angle to outer elevation of far barn has inserted casements, an open bay. 1 bay added to far left, weatherboarded double doors, slate roof. Right return from gable end facing house has inserted casements and an open bay, slate roof slope. Inner angle has a square projection with a weatherboarded gabled head. Inner elevation of far barn has 2 double doors, a weatherboarded open shed projecting towards the house. Interior: braces from jowled posts to tie beams, angled struts clasp lower purlins, collars to principals with upper butt purlins. (East Hertfordshire Archaeological Society Transactions, 1905,vol.3, pt.1, p.36: RCHM 1910).

Listing NGR: TL3418032671

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
162387
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Transactions of the East Hertfordshire Archaeological Society' in Transactions of the East Hertfordshire Archaeological Society, , Vol. 3, (1905), 36
Other
Inventory of the Historical Monuments of Hertfordshire, (1910)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].