CHAPEL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307898

Date first listed: 04-May-1984

Statutory Address: CHAPEL HOUSE, FORE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHAPEL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307898 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 23:11:26.

Location

Statutory Address: CHAPEL HOUSE, FORE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane (District Authority)

Parish: Milverton

National Grid Reference: ST 12307 25795

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST1225 MILVERTON CP FORE STREET (North side)

11/200 Chapel House

-

GV II

Congregational chapel and schoolroom, now dwelling. Dated 1821, reseated and embellished 1881, converted to dwelling 1980. Rendered over random rubble, expressed quoins on chapel, gabled slate roof. 3 bay chapel facing South with attached 2 bay school room set back on West front. 2 storeys, 2:3 bays; chapel - round headed windows with Y tracery in rusticated surrounds, late C19; central 6 panel double doors with tripartite fanlight above and C18 segmental porch on slender columns. String course below gable forms pediment containing stone plaque inscribed "Congregational chapel 1821". School house to left has 12 pane cruciform casements on first floor with C20 french windows to left. Interior: the late C19 pine gallery carried on wooden columns remains, and two pews. The congregational chapel was founded in Milverton in 1770. (Kelly, Directory, 1914).

Listing NGR: ST1230825796

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 270411

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Kelly's Directory' in Kelly's Directory, (1914)

End of official listing