GROUP OF 7 CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST OSWALD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1307980

Date first listed: 15-May-1986

Statutory Address: GROUP OF 7 CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST OSWALD, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 7 CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST OSWALD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1307980 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 23:41:27.

Location

Statutory Address: GROUP OF 7 CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST OSWALD, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Shropshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Oswestry

National Grid Reference: SJ 28837 29390

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 2829 SE OSWESTRY C.P. CHURCH STREET (west side)

15/53 Group of 7 chest - tombs approx. 15m west of Church of St. Oswald GV II

Group of 7 chest tombs. circa 1748 to c.1827. Sandstone. Rectangular. All with moulded plinths and capping, earliest [nearest Church of St. Oswald (q.v.)] open-sided with turned corner balusters and inscription to Hannah Evanes (died 1748) and that immediately to south with square corner balusters; remainder are plainer, the latest (dated 1803 and 1827 respectively) with recessed semi-circular inscription panels.

Listing NGR: SJ2883729390

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 255523

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing