RAILINGS GATEPIERS AND GATES FRONTING BUTTLE'S LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1308000

Date first listed: 21-Feb-1986

Statutory Address: RAILINGS GATEPIERS AND GATES FRONTING BUTTLE'S LODGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of RAILINGS GATEPIERS AND GATES FRONTING BUTTLE'S LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308000 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 22:17:16.

Location

Statutory Address: RAILINGS GATEPIERS AND GATES FRONTING BUTTLE'S LODGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: Taunton Deane (District Authority)

Parish: Hatch Beauchamp

National Grid Reference: ST 30000 20034

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HATCH BEAUCHAMP CP ST3020 ST22SE HATCH BEAUCHAMP VILLAGE ST21NE 5/15 Railings, gatepiers and gates 8/15 fronting Buttle's Lodge 12/15

-

GV II

Two pairs of gatepiers with gates, flanked by railings fronting Buttle's Lodge (qv). Circa 1870. Cast iron. Spear head railings with domed terminals, chamfered to octagons, larger version forming gatepiers, one inscribed in raised lettering 'C Dening and Co Chard". Single gates with spearhead uprights and semicircular reinforcement, some form of patent lower hinge to gates. Railings swept back to entrances flanking lodge, in all about 150 m in length with only one damaged terminal. Dening and Co, iron founders, were trading after 1861.

Listing NGR: ST2999920034

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 270795

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing