GROUP OF 4 CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES TO SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1308057
Date first listed:
18-Mar-1986
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 4 CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES TO SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 4 CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES TO SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308057 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 03:28:07.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 4 CHEST TOMBS APPROXIMATELY 6 METRES TO SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF HOLY TRINITY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Minsterley
National Grid Reference:
SJ3741105052

Details

SJ 3605-3705 19/80

MINSTERLEY C.P. MINSTERLEY Group of 4 chest tombs approx. 6 metres to south of chancel of Church of the Holy Trinity

GV II

Group of 4 chest tombs. Early C19. Dressed grey sandstone. North-east tomb: semi-circular recessed side panels with flanking fluted pilaster strips, raised oval end panels, and moulded cornice to flat top (broken in two at time of survey - July 1985); inscribed to Thomas Green, died 1803 (5?); south-east tomb: panels with incised borders and quadrant corners, side panels with flanking incised pilaster strips and moulded cornice to chamfered top; inscribed to Mytton Skrymsheb, surgeon, died Feb. 12, 1837; north-west tomb: sarcophagus type with moulded base, panelled sides, and moulded cornice to chamfered top; inscribed to Edward Green, died Oct. 9, 1805; south-west tomb: base invisible; recessed moulded semi-circular side panels with fluted fan decoration in spandrels and flanking panelled pilaster strips, recessed square end panels, and moulded cornice to chamfered top; inscribed to John Nealor of Minsterley Hall, died May 8, 1829.

Listing NGR: SJ3741105052

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
258986
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/10734/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr M. I. Joachim. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].