WOOD FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1308058
Date first listed:
25-Feb-1987
Statutory Address:
WOOD FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WOOD FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308058 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jul-2019 at 04:12:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
WOOD FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Child's Ercall
National Grid Reference:
SJ 69156 21126

Details

CHILD'S ERCALL C.P. CAYNTON SJ 62 SE 10/23 Wood Farmhouse - GV II

Farmhouse, now house. Circa 1800. Red brick. 2-span plain tile roof. 3 storeys over basement with parallel range at rear of 2 storeys and gable- lit attic. Integral brick end stack to left and external brick end stack to right; integral brick end stack to rear range. 5 bays; segmental-headed glazing bar sashes with crown glass. First-floor central and left hand windows with fixed dummy sashes. Central door of 6 beaded flush panels with margin-light and lozenge-pattern rectangular overlight and doorcase consisting of panelled pilaster strips, frieze and cornice. Left-hand gable end of 2 bays with rendered blind ground-floor window to left and first-and second- floor left-hand windows with fixed dummy sashes. Salop fire insurance plate in gable. Rear: 3 bays; glazing bar sashes. C20 ground-floor windows and central glazed door. Rear of front range to south-west with first-and second- floor blind windows. Interior: Early C19 dog-leg staircase with open string, cut brackets, stick balusters (2 per tread), ramped handrail and wreathed foot newel. First-floor balustrade on 2 sides. 6-panelled doors with moulded architraves throughout. Principal rooms with moulded cornice and reeded soffit. Right-hand ground-floor room with early C19 marble fire- place surround. The rear range incorporates reused timber framing in internal cross walls. The rear range appears to be a slightly later addition (see straight joint to east) and is possibly a rebuilding of or on the sight of an earlier timber framed range. A coin dated 1730 has been found in the roof of the front range.

Listing NGR: SJ6915621126

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
260173
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].