ESTATE COTTAGE THE ESTATE HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1308176

Date first listed: 18-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: ESTATE COTTAGE, MIDDLE STREET

Statutory Address: THE ESTATE HOUSE, MIDDLE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ESTATE COTTAGE
THE ESTATE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308176 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 18:33:10.

Location

Statutory Address: ESTATE COTTAGE, MIDDLE STREET

Statutory Address: THE ESTATE HOUSE, MIDDLE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Somerset

District: South Somerset (District Authority)

Parish: Misterton

National Grid Reference: ST 45360 08240

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST40NE MISTERTON CP MIDDLE STREET (South side)

6/170 The Estate House and Estate Cottage

GV II

Pair of Houses. Dated 1879. Ham stone roughly cut and squared, ashlar dressings; plain clay tiled roofs over stone late base courses between coped gables with kneelers; ashlar chimney stacks. In a strongly traditional C17 style. Double- roof plan, 2 storeys, 3 bays. Plinth, string courses; hollow-chamfer mullioned windows in wave-mould recesses without labels, 3-light to outer bays and 2- light to first floor centre bay. Below is a moulded pointed-arched doorway with carved spandrils, above a stone plaque with the 1879 dateshield. Interior not seen. A carefully designed building intended to fit in with the older buildings in this corner of the village.

Listing NGR: ST4536008240

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 262420

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing