YEW TREE COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1308269
Date first listed:
21-Mar-1968
Date of most recent amendment:
14-Nov-1986
Statutory Address:
YEW TREE COTTAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of YEW TREE COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308269 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 13:57:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
YEW TREE COTTAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Chirbury with Brompton
National Grid Reference:
SJ2891602604

Details

SJ 20 SE 4/59

CHIRBURY C.P. MARTON, Yew Tree Cottage

(Formerly listed as Yew Tree Cottage, Marton Village)

21.3.86

GV

II

Farmhouse, now house. Dated 1634 with later additions and alterations. Timber-framed with painted brick infill and additions, graded slate roof. Baffle-entry plan of three framed bays with right bay demolished but rebuilt in late C20 and painted black and white in imitation of timber frame. One storey and attic. Framing: vertical posts with later horizontal timbers below girding beam and one rectangular panel above also with later horizontal timbers. Late C20 fenestration, two casements to-ground floor of C17 part, right in position of former entrance, two flat-roofed eaves dormers, one in C17 part and one in C20 part; prominent red brick ridge stack with three attached and rebated shafts of star section and moulded capping immediately to right of centre. Date "1634" inscribed on girding beam to right of original entrance. INTERIOR: main ground-floor room (to left of stack) has 2 massive chamfered spine beams with heavy joists and rebuilt inglenook fireplace. Double-purlin roof with part of collar and tie-beam truss exposed to first bay from left.

Listing NGR: SJ2891602604

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
257384
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Apr 2005
Reference: IOE01/14030/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Helmut Schulenburg. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].