14, GREAT GREEN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1308341
Date first listed:
24-Oct-1988
Statutory Address:
14, GREAT GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of 14, GREAT GREEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308341 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 22:11:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
14, GREAT GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Hertfordshire
District:
North Hertfordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Pirton
National Grid Reference:
TL 14466 31578

Details

PIRTON GREAT GREEN TL 1431 (West side)

7/152 No. 14 -

GV II

House. C17 W part with E gable on old building line to green, NE extension probably early C18, parallel SE brick extension and recasing of old part C19 ('WDP 1846' in apex of new brickwork to S wing). Timber frame on brick sill roughcast on N side and N half of E gable end. Red brick S half and S side. Slate roofs. Oldest part of 1 1/2-storeys originally runs N-S with formerly external E side chimney to S part, and wider range at right angles extend to W of N part with walls of a former large oven enclosure with lower roof on W end. First narrow E extension at an angle to the N end timber-framed with internal N side chimney. Wider parallel brick extension on its S side with new pitched roof over both extensions. 2-light flush casement windows with segmental arches. Interior has exposed framing.

Listing NGR: TL1446631578

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
163162
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Feb 2004
Reference: IOE01/10317/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Graham R. Heasman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].