This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CHURCH OF ST MARTIN

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CHURCH OF ST MARTIN

List entry Number: 1308345

Location

CHURCH OF ST MARTIN

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hampshire

District: Basingstoke and Deane

District Type: District Authority

Parish: East Woodhay

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 16-May-1966

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 138345

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 46 SW EAST WOODHAY EAST WOODHAY 1/14

16.5.66 Church of St Martin II

1823 (Billing), 1849 and 1887. On the site of an ancient church, the nave and west tower of the first date, the chancel of the second, and porch of the third. Gothic (decorated) chancel and porch, with steep tile roofing, flint walls with stone dressings (traceried windows, corner and intermediate buttresses). Wide aisleless nave and western tower in red brickwork, with slender buttresses, and a low-pitched slate roof. Inside, the nave roof has an open scissors truss, with cusped spandrels. The north side of the chancel has a monument (from the old church) of Edward Goddard (1724) and his wife, with a classical marble framework of pediment, coupled Doric pilasters, pedestal, central case supporting an urn, with figures (in contemporary dress) on each side.

Listing NGR: SU4180861094

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SU 40540 61472

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308345 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Sep-2018 at 08:23:14.

End of official listing