This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

COUPLEDYKE HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: COUPLEDYKE HALL

List entry Number: 1308426

Location

COUPLEDYKE HALL, CHURCH END ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: Boston

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Freiston

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 26-Aug-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 191999

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 34 SE FREISTON CHURCH END ROAD (east side)

12/83 Coupledyke Hall

II

Farmhouse. C17, substantially altered c.1804 and interior remodelled C20. Rendered over brick. Slate roof with stone coped gables and kneelers, 2 gable and single ridge painted brick stacks. 2 storey, 4 bay front with high plinth and first floor band. Off-centre C20 door with plain overlight and early C19 pilastered door surround and dentillated cornice with pediment. To left a tripartite glazing bar sash and a canted bay window. To right a further bay window, both with flat lead roofs. To first floor are 2 further tripartite windows and 2 glazing bar sashes. All windows have segmental heads. Coupledyke Hall was of medieval origins, the first mention of the Coppeldyke family being in 1250. The house was totally modernised in 1804. Source: Thompson, History of Boston.

Listing NGR: TF3805442785

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Thompson, , History of Boston

National Grid Reference: TF 38054 42785

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308426 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2018 at 10:42:55.

End of official listing