LOWER VELWELL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1308440
Date first listed:
27-May-1986
Statutory Address:
LOWER VELWELL

Map

Ordnance survey map of LOWER VELWELL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308440 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2019 at 08:39:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
LOWER VELWELL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
South Hams (District Authority)
Parish:
Rattery
National Grid Reference:
SX 76290 63241

Details

RATTERY VELWELL SX 76 SE

7/59 Lower Velwell - - II

Farmhouse. C19 addition at rear. Circa C17 with rendered stone rubble. Slate roof with gabled ends. Three rooms and through passage plan. The through passage blocked at rear by stairs. Two storeys. Four window range. C19 and C20 casements and two circa early C19 three-light casements with leaded panes. Doorway to left of centre with flush panel door and C20 hood. Rendered ridge and end chimney stacks. Later gabled wing and outshut at rear. Datestone on stack at south west gable end inscribed Mover W S, 1731 or 1737. Mounting block on front wall. interior: Plank and muntin partition at north east end between hall and parlour, roughly-hewn ceiling beams. Fireplace at centre with rough stone lintel. Much of the roof structure has been replaced.

Listing NGR: SX7629063241

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
99332
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Apr 2003
Reference: IOE01/10465/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Keith Mackenzie. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].