PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1308448
Date first listed:
11-Jan-1990
Statutory Address:
PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308448 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 22:25:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
North Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Aunsby and Dembleby
National Grid Reference:
TF 05362 37632

Details

TF 03 NE AUNSBY AND DEMBLEBY SCOTT WILLOUGHBY

7/31 Parish Church of St. Andrew

II

Parish church. C10, C12, C17, repaired 1826, chancel renewed 1863, walls restored 1882. Coursed squared limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings, slate roofs. Nave with bellcote and chancel. To the west gable a single gabled bellcote with pointed arch and chamfered hood. The north wall of the nave has a single 3 light chamfered mullioned window with segmental heads to the lights and chamfered surround with hood mould. Y-traceried C19 chancel east window in pointed and double hollow chamfered surround. In the south wall of the nave is a window matching that to the north and a planked doorway with segmental lintel and keyblock. Interior: Plain segmental chancel arch with to right a stone bearing C10 interlace carving and to the left a C12 roll moulded fragment. Fittings: Good set of early C19 plain softwood box pews, handsome late C17 altar rails with barley sugar balusters and moulded rail. Panelled softwood pulpit and reading desk with applied diaper bolection mouldings. On the north nave wall are 2 early C19 painted commandment boards and above the chancel arch a painted Royal Arms of George IV dated 1825. Plain tapering circular tub font with oversize early C19 scumbled softwood octagonal lid.

Listing NGR: TF0536237632

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
192666
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Dec 2002
Reference: IOE01/05650/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Terence G. Onyon. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].