WHITE BULL HOTEL AND FORMER STABLE ADJOINING TO THE NORTH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1308491

Date first listed: 25-Jul-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 22-Nov-1983

Statutory Address: WHITE BULL HOTEL AND FORMER STABLE ADJOINING TO THE NORTH, WATER STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of WHITE BULL HOTEL AND FORMER STABLE ADJOINING TO THE NORTH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308491 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 23:41:12.

Location

Statutory Address: WHITE BULL HOTEL AND FORMER STABLE ADJOINING TO THE NORTH, WATER STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Ribchester

National Grid Reference: SD 65048 35208

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 63 NE RIBCHESTER WATER STREET

8/153 White Bull Hotel and former stable adjoining to the north 25.7.52 (formerly listed as White Bull Inn under Church Street)

GV II

Public house, probably early C18th. Squared sandstone rubble with slate roof. 2 storeys, 4 bays, with string course, flat floor drip course, shaped stone gutter brackets and 2-storey porch to the 2nd bay. The windows are modern on the ground floor and sashed on the 1st floor, except for the 1st floor porch windows which are also modern. The windows now have plain reveals with fragments of old surrounds. The right-hand ground-floor bay has been reconstructed, with a door and 2 modern shop windows. To their left is a blocked opening with a lintel dated '1707', possibly re-set. The porch is gabled with coping and kneelers and carried on 4 Tuscan columns said to be Roman. Its 1st floor windows, on the front and return walls, have plain stone surrounds. The blocked attic window has an architrave. The door has a moulded surround. There are brick chimney caps on the gables and between the 3rd and 4th bays. The former stable adjoining to the north has a door with plain stone surround to the right. To its left is a door now blocked to form a window with chamfered surround dated '1777' on the lintel. On the 1st floor to the left is a circular pitching hole with plain stone surround.



Listing NGR: SD6504835208

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183039

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing