This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THORNS FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THORNS FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1308506

Location

THORNS FARMHOUSE, SCREDINGTON ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: North Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Aswarby and Swarby

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 18-May-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 192653

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 04 SE ASWARBY AND SWARBY SCREDINGTON ROAD (North side)

5/18 Thorns Farm House 18.5.88 G.V. II

Farmhouse. 1852. Built for the Whichcote family of Aswarby Park. Red brick in Flemish bond with ashlar dressings, slate roof with 2 gable stacks having moulded and dentillated ashlar cornices and single plain gable stack to rear range. L-plan. 2 storey 3 bay front, the middle bay is advanced and has an open pediment, dentillated eaves cornice. Central glazed double doors with bordered stained glass lights and stained glass fanlight in a semi circular arched surround with plain ashlar impost and key blocks. Flanked by single glazing bar sashes. To first floor are 3 similar windows. All windows have cambered brick heads with flush splayed ashlar lintels. In the central gable is an ashlar plaque bearing the date 1852 in raised letters.

Listing NGR: TF0810040489

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 08100 40489

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308506 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2018 at 12:22:40.

End of official listing