SUNDAY SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1308533
Date first listed:
22-May-1954
Statutory Address:
SUNDAY SCHOOL, BARN HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of SUNDAY SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308533 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 01:43:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
SUNDAY SCHOOL, BARN HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Stamford
National Grid Reference:
TF 02800 07270

Details

1. 1671 BARN HILL (East Side) Sunday School TF 0207 1/34 22.5.54. II* GV 2. Originally the chapel. The C18 facade is of attractive simple classical design, being a plain gabled front in ashlar, with central Venetian window. Centre light has 'Gothic' glazing bars, 3 stone plaques represent Faith, Hope and Charity, the latter over the central window. These are charming pieces of C18 sculptural Round-headed central entrance doorway , now blocked, with keystone, plain pilasters and narrow cornice with modillions below dentil cornice. Set between 2 round-headed windows with triple keystones and 'Gothic' glazing bars. Band at cills and at impost height. Plinth. Coursed rubble to side, stone dressings and chimney stacks.

Garage premises to No 9A,9A,9,10, Sunday School andNos 12 to 17 (consec) together with Nos 1 to 8 (consec), All Saints' Place form a group.

Listing NGR: TF0280007270

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
193476
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 10 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/00241/10
Rights: Copyright IoE C. Culligan. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].