LEYS HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1308560
Date first listed:
19-Feb-1952
Date of most recent amendment:
09-Jan-1987
Statutory Address:
LEYS HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LEYS HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308560 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2019 at 17:55:16.

Location

Statutory Address:
LEYS HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Denton
National Grid Reference:
SK 86622 32520

Details

DENTON CHURCH STREET SK 8632-8732 (east side) 10/42 Leys House (formerly liste 19.2.52 as The Leys) G.V. II Former school, how house. 1720, restored 1855, with minor C20 alterations. Coursed ironstone rubble with limestone ashlar quoins and dressings. Steeply hipped Collyweston slate roof with lead dressings and central ashlar stack having cornice. L-plan. 2 storey with attics, 5 bay front with plinth, and first floor band. Central 6 panelled door in moulded ashlar surround has broken pediment containing plaque inscribed "Learn to know God and thyself, 1720", flanked by pairs of cross mullioned casements. To first floor an ashlar scrolled coat of arms in a moulded stone surround, flanked by pairs of 2 light casements. All windows have C20 leaded lights with flat splayed lintels and keystones. In the roof are 2 hipped 2 light dormers.

Listing NGR: SK8662232520

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
193283
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/07343/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Mike Cowen. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].