MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1308599
Date first listed:
30-Jun-1986
Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308599 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 10:32:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Beesby with Saleby
National Grid Reference:
TF 45766 77534

Details

SALEBY WITH THORESTHORPE THORESTHORPE TF 47 NE 3/78 Manor House

G.V. II

House. Possibly C15, C17, with 1879 addition and C20 minor alterations. Originally timber frame, cased C17 in colourwashed brickwork, English bond. Pantile roof with raised brick coped gables, 2 external gable stacks and a single clustered ridge stack near the angle between the 2 ranges of the L-plan. Single storey with attics, 3 bay front, which was extended forwards in 1879 in brick with a lead roof and moulded top. The 4 panelled door and flanking pointed lights are recessed with the supporting beam having pierced bracing panels on moulded corbels. To right are 3 pointed lights with plain sashes and to left a blind pointed opening is flanked by pairs of similar windows. In the roof are 3 two light dormers with lead flat roofs and cheeks. At the rear is a C19 lean-to with C20 alterations. In the angle of the L-plan is a large stack with inglenook fireplace, the curved bressumer is chamfered with small roll stops. In the central first floor room a large bay post, jointed into the tie is visible, and an arch brace to the tie, which is 3'O" above floor level, possibly indicating a former ground floor hall. The doorway which breaks through the tie is C17 in character, with large timber uprights, chamfered with simple stops. The clasped purlin roof is partly renewed. The house has a large collection of C13 moulded stones in the garden and is on the site of an earlier building.

Listing NGR: TF4576677534

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
195601
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].