THE RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1308635

Date first listed: 07-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: THE RECTORY, WESTGATE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308635 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 14:17:19.

Location

Statutory Address: THE RECTORY, WESTGATE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Louth

National Grid Reference: TF 32627 87338

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WESTGATE 1 TF 38 NW 1/336 The Rectory GV II 2 Rectory. 1828. Red brick with slate roofs plus brick coped gables and kneelers. 4 tall brick stacks with diagonal shafts. 2 storey main south front, 3 bays with slightly recessed central bay containing a central doorway with a painted 4 centred arched surround with half glazed door. To the left a tall 4 light casement with 4 centred arched heads under a Tudor hood, and to the right a shorter similar window. Above a central glazing bar sash with a 4 centred arched head. Either side are single 2 light cross casements, and above are single blind openings in the gables. The irregularly fenestrated west front has an external stack which has some medieval fragments from the church buried in its masonry, plus a datestone inscribed 1828. Interior has a comtemporary single flight return staircase with early Cl8 re-used balusters;these are probably from the earlier house on this site, other parts of which may well be hidden within the present building.

Listing NGR: TF3262787338

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195083

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing