QUAKER MEETING HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1308669
Date first listed:
02-May-1968
Date of most recent amendment:
07-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
QUAKER MEETING HOUSE, YEALAND ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of QUAKER MEETING HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308669 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 16:15:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
QUAKER MEETING HOUSE, YEALAND ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Lancaster (District Authority)
Parish:
Yealand Conyers
National Grid Reference:
SD 50384 74425

Details

SD 57 SW 4/282

YEALAND CONYERS YEALAND ROAD Quaker Meeting House (Formerly listed as Friends Meeting House)

2.5.1968

II* Quaker Meeting House, 1692 with mid C18th alterations. Roughcast rubble with slate roof. One storey with gallery. To the left of the porch are 2 sashed windows with glazing bars and plain stone surrounds with narrow cyma mouldings. To the right of the porch is a fixed window with one rebated and chamfered jamb. Above, lighting the gallery, is a rebated and chamfered surround for a former 2-light window. The porch has a gable coping with kneelers and an outer chamfered doorway with segmental head dated '1692'. The two inner doorways have chamfered surrounds and doors with raised and fielded panels. The right-hand gable, now partly covered by a modern extension, has a projecting stack with moulded weathering. The rear (north) wall has 2 windows and a doorway, all with plain reveals. Interior has raised and fielded panelling and eastern gallery with a panelled front. An early and complete example of a meeting house in the north of England.

Listing NGR: SD5038474425

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
182052
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Dec 2004
Reference: IOE01/13851/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Angela Greenway. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].