2 GATE PIERS AND WALL FROM SOUTH-WEST CORNER OF INFIRMARY RUNNING SOUTH-EAST RETURNING NORTH-EAST IN FRONT OF CHURCH OF ST PETER AND CONTAINING 2 GATEPIERS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1308732

Date first listed: 29-Dec-1952

Statutory Address: 2 GATE PIERS AND WALL FROM SOUTH-WEST CORNER OF INFIRMARY RUNNING SOUTH-EAST RETURNING NORTH-EAST IN FRONT OF CHURCH OF ST PETER AND CONTAINING 2 GATEPIERS, STONYHURST

Map

Ordnance survey map of 2 GATE PIERS AND WALL FROM SOUTH-WEST CORNER OF INFIRMARY RUNNING SOUTH-EAST RETURNING NORTH-EAST IN FRONT OF CHURCH OF ST PETER AND CONTAINING 2 GATEPIERS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308732 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 00:54:27.

Location

Statutory Address: 2 GATE PIERS AND WALL FROM SOUTH-WEST CORNER OF INFIRMARY RUNNING SOUTH-EAST RETURNING NORTH-EAST IN FRONT OF CHURCH OF ST PETER AND CONTAINING 2 GATEPIERS, STONYHURST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Aighton, Bailey and Chaigley

National Grid Reference: SD 68990 38987

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD 63 NE AIGHTON, BAILEY & STONYHURST CHAIGLEY

29.12.52 2 Gate Piers and Wall from south-west corner of 8/17 Infirmary running south-east, returning north-east in front of Church of St. Peter and containing 2 gatepiers

GV II

Sandstone rubble wall with coping. Gatepiers, of c.1700 and removed from the site of the present Shirk in 1799, sandstone ashlar. Each of square section, supported by a scroll on the outer side with a smaller scroll above. Above is a broken segmental pediment with urn and festoon.



Listing NGR: SD6898838990

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 182904

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 25 Lancashire,

End of official listing