GROUP OF 4 TOMBSTONES NEAR NORTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS, TO HENRY BIGG 1687; WIGNALL BIGG 1679; EB 1676; JOHN BIGG 1664

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1308754
Date first listed:
06-Aug-1984
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 4 TOMBSTONES NEAR NORTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS, TO HENRY BIGG 1687; WIGNALL BIGG 1679; EB 1676; JOHN BIGG 1664, BURY CHASE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 4 TOMBSTONES NEAR NORTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS, TO HENRY BIGG 1687; WIGNALL BIGG 1679; EB 1676; JOHN BIGG 1664
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308754 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 12:28:21.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 4 TOMBSTONES NEAR NORTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS, TO HENRY BIGG 1687; WIGNALL BIGG 1679; EB 1676; JOHN BIGG 1664, BURY CHASE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Essex
District:
Uttlesford (District Authority)
Parish:
Felsted
National Grid Reference:
TL 67649 20400

Details

TL 6620 & 6720 FELSTED BURY CHASE

9/90 Group of 4 Tombstones nr N Aisle of Church of The Holy Cross, to Henry Bigg 1687; Wignall Bigg 1679; E.B. 1676; John Bigg 1664

G.V. II

Tombstones. C17. A group of 4 with head stones heavily carved with large skull and crossbones and footstones relating to the following: Henry Bigg 1687, Wignall Bigg 1679. E.B. 1676 and John Bigg 1664. The oldest known tombstones in the Churchyard. RCHM 1

Listing NGR: TL6764920400

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
122543
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Essex North West, (1916)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 Jul 2004
Reference: IOE01/11486/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr G.W. Garthwaite. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].