This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

ELMS FARM BARN AND CARTLODGE, ORIGINALLY PART OF WOODHAM MORTIMER LODGE COMPLEX AND APPROXIMATELY 40 METRES WEST OF LODGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: ELMS FARM BARN AND CARTLODGE, ORIGINALLY PART OF WOODHAM MORTIMER LODGE COMPLEX AND APPROXIMATELY 40 METRES WEST OF LODGE

List entry Number: 1308839

Location

ELMS FARM BARN AND CARTLODGE, ORIGINALLY PART OF WOODHAM MORTIMER LODGE COMPLEX AND APPROXIMATELY 40 METRES WEST OF LODGE, LODGE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Maldon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Woodham Mortimer

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Nov-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 119125

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 80 SW WOODHAM MORTIMER LODGE ROAD 5/137 Elms Farm Barn and cartlodge, originally part of Woodham Mortimer Lodge complex and approx. 40 metres west of Lodge

GV II

Barley barn. Dated 1827. Red brick. Grey slate roof. 2 gabled midstreys with vertically boarded double doors to east. 2:4 recessed arches with diagonal pattern brick ventilators to each. Original grey slate granary outshots to east face, with brick airing arches under. Original copper damp proof course. Recessed arches to returns and rear with brick ventilators. Stone panels to right and left return gables, that to right relating "Barn destroyed by destructive fire 1826, rebuilt 1827 J.C.G." Boarded side purlin roof, braces to collars, king posts above collars. Attached to left return is a 7 bay cartlodge of similar materials, stop chamfered timber support posts and cast iron hanging knees.

Listing NGR: TL8289904518

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TL 82899 04518

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308839 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Sep-2018 at 10:00:36.

End of official listing