KING EDWARD VI GRAMMAR SCHOOL AND RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1308883

Date first listed: 28-Oct-1987

Statutory Address: KING EDWARD VI GRAMMAR SCHOOL AND RAILINGS, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of KING EDWARD VI GRAMMAR SCHOOL AND RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308883 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 17:02:47.

Location

Statutory Address: KING EDWARD VI GRAMMAR SCHOOL AND RAILINGS, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Spilsby

National Grid Reference: TF 39993 66154

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SPILSBY CHURCH STREET TF 4066-4166 (north side) 7/47 King Edward VI Grammar School and railings G.V. II Grammar school and railings. Founded 1550. C18, altered 1896. Red brick in Flemish bond, ashlar dressings, pantile roof with stone coped gables and gable stack, machine plain tile roof. Cast iron railings. 2 storey, 4 bay C18 range with plinth, first floor band, altered C19, with 4 glazing bar sashes to ground floor set in plain ashlar surrounds with keystones and deep cills. Inscribed on one "Grammar School, founded 1550". To first floor 4 glazing bar sashes with yellow brick segmental heads. To right a single storey block of 1896 with planked door and 2 small paned overlights set in ashlar surround with deeply dentillated cornice. To right a gabled bay with tripartite window arrangement of glazing bar sashes and overlights in flush wide ashlar surround with above a segmental headed inscription panel recording the rebuilding in MCMXIV. The later addition to the rear is not included in this description. In front of the building are 10 cast iron fluted columns with mushroom knops and chains, made by Gibson of Stamford.

Listing NGR: TF3999366154

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196162

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing