OAKHAYES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1308900

Date first listed: 11-Nov-1952

Statutory Address: OAKHAYES, OAKHAYES LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of OAKHAYES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308900 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 08:39:57.

Location

Statutory Address: OAKHAYES, OAKHAYES LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: East Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Woodbury

National Grid Reference: SY 00750 87295

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SY 08 NW WOODBURY OAKHAYES LANE, Woodbury

2/130 Oakhayes 11.11.52 - II

Large detached house, now sub-divided. Circa 1830; built for Rev. Francis Filmer of Cwmdale, near Canterbury; the land came onto the market in 1829, and Oakhayes House first appears in the Land Tax Assessments in 1832 (see reference below). Brick, whitewashed or plastered; hipped slate roofs. Plan of 3 parallel ranges, all separately roofed, the principal rooms are situated to the garden (right-hand) end of the ranges, and to either side of the entrance; to this was added a late C19 north east wing. Entrance front (west): symmetrical 3 window range; all windows with 12-pane hornless sashes. Central porch: 2 Tuscan columns, moulded entablature open to front, with panelled ceiling; doorway with reeded architrave; half-glazed door with rectangular fanlight. Garden front (south): symmetrical 1:3:1 bays, the central bays forming a polygonal projection. All windows are 12-pane hornless sashes except to the ground floor of the projection which has a French window flanked by 2-pane horned sash windows. Some 1st floor windows with blind housings. Hornless sash windows to rear. Attched to rear is a contemporary conservatory, quite small, with a central area and side aisles. The original owner was an enthusiastic gardener. Interior not inspected. Reference: Ursula W Brighouse, Woodbury, A View from the Beacon, pp.164-6

Listing NGR: SY0075087295

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 88643

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Brighouse, U W , Woodbury A View from the Beacon, (1981), 164-6

End of official listing