This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE VICARAGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE VICARAGE

List entry Number: 1308977

Location

THE VICARAGE, STATION ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Morton & Hanthorpe

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Jan-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 194376

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MORTON STATION ROAD TF 02 SE (south side) 8/163 The Vicarage II

Vicarage. 1796, by John Andrew, early C19, late C19. Coursed limestone rubble, limestone ashlar, some red brick. Collyweston tile roof, with pantiles to rear; stone coped gables, modillioned wooden eaves, gable stacks and single ridge stack to rear. L-plan. 2 storey, 5 bay front with central doorway with large semi-circular head with semi-circular ashlar lintel inscribed "Vixea noftra voca". Ashlar doorcase inscribed "S.H. profuit" on the right hand jamb, and "April 22 1796" on the left hand jamb. Large fanlight and double glazed doors. Doorway flanked by single ashlar dressed Venetian windows each with raised keystone over central light and glazing bar sashes. 5 glazing bar sashes above. 2 bay south side with a 5 light casement to the left and 3 light casement to the right, both with ashlar lintels and raised keystones. Red brick early C19 stable attached to right with blocked doorway with segmental head and a 2 light sliding sash above with wooden lintel. East gable end with 2 doorways, one panelled, the other with double stable doors. 2 light casement above. Rubble garden wall runs from north-east corner of house, eastwards, with large battlements, doorway to east with brick surround and plank door, and pointed brick niche to west. Late C19 single flight staircase in rear hall with carved tread ends, plain bannisters and moulded handrail. Ground floor rooms with pairs of plain, semi-circular headed niches. Several late C18 cupboards in bedrooms.

Listing NGR: TF0979423855

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TF 09794 23855

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1308977 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2018 at 08:06:35.

End of official listing