BROWNLOW FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309054
Date first listed:
30-Oct-1968
Statutory Address:
BROWNLOW FARMHOUSE, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BROWNLOW FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309054 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 14:41:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
BROWNLOW FARMHOUSE, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Counthorpe and Creeton
National Grid Reference:
TF0123019935

Details

COUNTHORPE AND CREETON CHURCH LANE TF 0l NW (north side)

9/106 Brownlow Farmhouse

30.10.68

G.V. II

Farmhouse. Late C17, altered 1774 and C19 alterations. Coursed limestone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings. Collyweston slate roof with raised stone coped gables, single ridge and 2 gable stacks with ashlar bases and brick tops. 3 unit plan. 2 storey with garret, 4 bay front having off-centre half glazed door, with to left a single and to right a pair of 3 light glazing bar casements. Above the door an inscribed shield with small cornice "RC, 1774" with heraldic hand bearing device of Viscount Tyrconnel. All openings have ashlar reveals and chamfered timber lintels. Interior has dogleg late C18 stair with square newels and knopped circular balusters. In the garret is a light open screen of diagonally set lathing, supposed to generate a cooling draught for cheese storage. The roof is staggered butt purlin type. Source: D. L. Roberts.

Listing NGR: TF0123019935

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
194080
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Aug 2000
Reference: IOE01/00827/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David H Schofield. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].