CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309173
Date first listed:
23-Aug-1967
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309173 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 21:49:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
North Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Potter Hanworth
National Grid Reference:
TF 05492 66082

Details

TF 06 NE POTTERHANWORTH THE GREEN 2/71 CHURCH OF ST ANDREW GV II 23/8/67

Parish Church. C13. 1749 and in 1854 almost completely rebuilt by R C Hussey. Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings. Quoins, moulded ashlar plinth, slate ridge roofs with ashlar coped gables with moulded kneelers. Tower, nave, north aisle and porch, chancel and vestry. C13 western tower with angle buttresses and extended south-west corner incorporating spiral staircase, single square window on south, with flush pointed relieving arch. Y-tracery bell openings, with C19 pierced balustrade and crochetted pinnacles. South nave has 4, 2-light windows with reticulated tracery and hood moulds, 2 similar windows to the chancel. East end has 4-light window with flowing tracery segment-headed with hood mould. Simple gable porch, with pointed opening. Interior, 4 bay nave, with simple 19 fittings.

Listing NGR: TF0549266082

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
192346
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/05341/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Miles. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].