STABLES APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES NORTH OF POUND HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1309222

Date first listed: 26-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: STABLES APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES NORTH OF POUND HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES NORTH OF POUND HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309222 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 21:31:42.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLES APPROXIMATELY 15 METRES NORTH OF POUND HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: West Devon (District Authority)

Parish: Buckland Monachorum

National Grid Reference: SX 50389 68677

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BUCKLAND MONACHORUM SX 56 NW 4/36 Stables approximately 15 metres - north of Pound House

GV II

Stables. Dated 1847, with circa late C19/early C20 addition and altered internally in C20. Rendered stone walls. Gable ended slate roof. The original building is in 3 main sections of rectangular plan: to the left were stables, to the centre was the harness room and the part to the right, now a garage, may originally have been a coach house or else further stabling. On the 1st floor was accommodation for the grooms. In late C19/early C20 further stabling was added at the front of the left-hand side. 2 storeys with attic. Regular 3 bay 2:1:2 window front with taller projecting gable at the centre. C20 casement windows. The left-hand section has double doors in the middle. The central part has a narrow doorway. To the right a wide garage door has been inserted. To the left of the projecting central part is a stone mounting block. At the top of the gable is a large clock - reputed to have come from Plymouth Dockyard - with a face on each side an octagonal belfry above with weathervane on the top. The datestone of 1847 is at the apex of the gable. Projecting from the left-hand end is the later single storey stable extension.

Listing NGR: SX5038968677

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 92628

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing