THE GRANGE AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALL TO NORTH AND GARDEN BUILDING

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1309228

Date first listed: 29-May-1985

Statutory Address: THE GRANGE AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALL TO NORTH AND GARDEN BUILDING, 1, OLD NORTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE GRANGE AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALL TO NORTH AND GARDEN BUILDING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309228 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2018 at 02:55:31.

Location

Statutory Address: THE GRANGE AND ATTACHED GARDEN WALL TO NORTH AND GARDEN BUILDING, 1, OLD NORTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Bassingbourn cum Kneesworth

National Grid Reference: TL 34488 44639

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 3444 BASSINGBOURN-CUM-KNEESWORTH OLD NORTH ROAD (East Side) 16/61 29.5.85 No. ,I (The Grange-) and attached garden wall to north and garden building

GV II

House, formerly a farmhouse and attached garden wall and garden building. Early and mid C18 with C17 wing and C19 alterations. Red brick with burnt brick patterned and chequered decoration. Timber-framed and plastered with brick plinth. Plain tiled roofs. Two storeys with attics and one storey with attic. Main east-west range early C18 and entrances facing north and south, late C18 cross range to west and C17 wing to east. East facade; five equal bays with pilastered brick quoins, facade and gable parapets with plain stone copings and moulded cornice. Gable end stacks (and two rear stacks). Five ground floor and first floor recessed twelve-paned hung sash windows with fanned key blocks to flat arches. Three hipped dormer windows originally concealed behind parapet now reduced in height. Scratched brick 'WH 1764'. Red brick C18 garden boundary wall with brick coping, and pavillion style garden house.

RCHM Report 1950 VCH VIII p.52

Listing NGR: TL3448844639

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 52466

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1982), 52

End of official listing