DEEPING GATE BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER WELLAND

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1309230
Date first listed:
24-Feb-1982
Statutory Address:
DEEPING GATE BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER WELLAND, DEEPING ST JAMES ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DEEPING GATE BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER WELLAND
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309230 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 08:41:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
DEEPING GATE BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER WELLAND, DEEPING ST JAMES ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Kesteven (District Authority)
Parish:
Deeping St. James
National Grid Reference:
TF 15072 09500

Details

1. 5141 BEEPING GATE DEEPING ST JAMES ROAD Deeping Gate Bridge over the River Welland TF 1509 24/196 II* GV 2. On common boundary of the Parishes of Deeping Gate (now part of the Peterborough City Council) and Deeping St James (now part of South Kesteven District Council). It was listed in the Parish of Deeping St James as 'Deeping Gate Bridge over River Welland (that part in South Kesteven Rural District' on 6 May 1952. Dated 1651. Stone bridge over the River Welland. Three round arches with slight chamfers, and mouldings over. Cutwaters on both sides with refuges in the parapets. The parapets have half-round coping. The centre arch has been repaired in brick. North half of bridge is in Parish of Deeping St James, South Kesteven District, Lincolnshire, and is also listed Grade II*.

Listing NGR: TF1507209500

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
49986
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/08780/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Richard S. Walker. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].