CHURCH HOUSE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309232
Date first listed:
22-Oct-1952
Statutory Address:
CHURCH HOUSE FARMHOUSE, SOUTH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH HOUSE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309232 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 14:58:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH HOUSE FARMHOUSE, SOUTH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Chorley (District Authority)
Parish:
Bretherton
National Grid Reference:
SD 47649 20365

Details

BRETHERTON SOUTH ROAD SD 42 SE 3/30 Church House Farmhouse 22.10.52 GV II

Farmhouse, now house. Dated 1698 on porch, altered. Colour-washed brick with stone quoins at ground floor, stone slate roof. Three-bay baffle-entry plan with projecting porch, single-storey rear extension to 3rd bay. Two storeys; plinth, 2-course band; 2-storey gabled porch in line with ridge chimney at junction of 2nd and 3rd bays has segmental-headed doorway, square datestone above the band lettered in relief

JOHN . MARY. H ESKETH 1698

segmental-headed 2-light window at 1st floor, and triangular-headed peepwindows in the sides; to the left, 2 segmental-headed 2-light windows on each floor and to the right a 2-light casement at ground floor and altered 3-light window above. Rear has segmental-headed windows, mostly altered. Interior: altered, but housepart in middle bay has inglenook with heck and bressummer, this and 2 longitudinal beams with stopped 1/4-round moulding; one similar beam in service end in 1st bay.

Listing NGR: SD4764920365

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
184281
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/01708/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Mike Pollitt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].