This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

RECTORY FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: RECTORY FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1309234

Location

RECTORY FARMHOUSE, BREWERY ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Pampisford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 29-Oct-1974

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 52030

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 4848 PAMPISFORD BREWERY ROAD (North Side)

10/200 Rectory Farmhouse 29.10.74 II

Farmhouse. Early C17, with late C18 extension, renovated early C20 after a fire. Timber-framed and brick with roughcast render. Red plain tiled roof; tall gault brick ridge stack and yable end stack to west. Original building two storeyed with continuous jetty, three unit plan with a 'chimney bay' and an original cross passage behind the stack (the sealed main entrance is indicated by the jetty brackets). West bay rebuilt as main entrance; extension to west of two storeys with attic; single storey rear wing to east. Main entrance with C20 door, early C20 transomed bay window with casements to left hand; one ground floor and two first floor horizontal sliding sash windows. Interior: exposed stop-chamfered ceiling beams.

R.C.H.M. Report 1951 V.C.H. Vol. VI, p106

Listing NGR: TL4956248131

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 106
Other
Reports on Buildings in the Parishes of Babraham Great Abington Hildersham Linton Little Abington and Pampisford Cambridgeshire, (1951)

National Grid Reference: TL 49562 48131

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309234 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2018 at 10:14:42.

End of official listing