NUMBER 21 AND BARN ADJOINING TO EAST

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309254
Date first listed:
16-Nov-1954
Statutory Address:
NUMBER 21 AND BARN ADJOINING TO EAST, 21, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBER 21 AND BARN ADJOINING TO EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309254 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 14:10:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
NUMBER 21 AND BARN ADJOINING TO EAST, 21, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Ribble Valley (District Authority)
Parish:
Bolton-by-Bowland
National Grid Reference:
SD 78508 49387

Details

BOLTON-BY-BOWLAND MAIN STREET (north side) SD 78 49

13/46 No. 21 and barn adjoining to east 16.11.1954 GV II

House and barn, 1835. Coursed watershot limestone with sandstone dressings and stone slate roof. House and barn form a symmetrical composition in a vernacular style. 2 storeys. Windows have chamfered stone surrounds and hoods. House of one bay with a 6-light mullioned and transomed window on the ground floor and a 3-light mullioned window on the 1st floor. The door, to the left, is studded with ornamental hinges and has a chamfered stone surround with Tudor- arched head and hood. To the right is a chimney with 2 diagonal caps. The left-hand gable has a coping with footstones. The barn, to the right, has a wide entrance with chamfered stone surround, Tudor-arched head and hood. To the right the windows mirror those of the house, except that the 1st floor window has lost its mullions. At the right is a doorway with details similar to the others. Above the wide entrance is a worn heraldic device, inscribed '?L 1855'. The right-hand gable has a coping with footstone.

Listing NGR: SD7851249388

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
183218
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Oct 2003
Reference: IOE01/11562/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Turner. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].