STABLE CIRCA 100 METRES NORTH OF ANDERTON OLD HALL FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309295
Date first listed:
30-Jan-1987
Statutory Address:
STABLE CIRCA 100 METRES NORTH OF ANDERTON OLD HALL FARMHOUSE, SQUIRREL LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE CIRCA 100 METRES NORTH OF ANDERTON OLD HALL FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309295 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Aug-2019 at 07:09:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE CIRCA 100 METRES NORTH OF ANDERTON OLD HALL FARMHOUSE, SQUIRREL LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Chorley (District Authority)
Parish:
Anderton
National Grid Reference:
SD 62827 11706

Details

ANDERTON SQUIRREL LANE SD 61 SW 14/11 Stable c.100 metres north of Anderton Old - Hall Farmhouse GV II

Stable, now store. Dated 1720 on lintel of door, altered. Watershot coursed squared sandstone with quoins, slate roof with stone gable copings which have apex finials . Rectangular 3-bay plan. Two storeys, facing south onto farmyard (with modern brick stabling range abutting 3rd bay); stable doorway at left end with large lintel, a similar but higher doorway to the 2nd bay, the lintel with a panel lettered in relief "1720", a loft door above this, and 2 windows at ground floor of each bay. Rear has slit breathers to the loft. East gable has a blocked chamfered mullion window at intermediate level, a large square window below and left and another immediately above. Interior: altered, but the right hand jamb of the upper window in the gable incorporates a rectangular stone with a panel occupied by a crudely carved beast (possibly intended as a lion), presumably ex situ.

Listing NGR: SD6282711706

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
184262
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].