This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

THE VICARAGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: THE VICARAGE

List entry Number: 1309296

Location

THE VICARAGE, 3, BROAD LANE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Haslingfield

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 31-May-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 51765

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 4052 HASLINGFIELD BROAD LANE (South Side) 15/148 No 3 (The Vicarage)

II

House. 1761 (dated stone), possible earlier origins, remodelled c.1.860. Timber-framed, rendered and narrow gault brick with grey gault brick: to c.1860 parts. Cement tiles and some slates. Symmetrical, flush end stacks to 1761 principal range. Original 1761 plan of single range with parallel hall and stairbay at rear. Service wing probably rebuilt. In c.1860 parish room and new service wings added at the rear. Two storeys and attic. Garden front-retains symmetry of C18 facade of three bays but the two storey dormers and central porch are of gault brick and c.1860. Gable porch to main east front doorway. Parish doorway at rear. In the garden, a crinkle-crankle wall of three undulations and c.1860 brick and stone piers flanking the original entry. Inside. Original staircase of two flights and landing. Openstring with square newels and turned balusters, of vase and doric column type, with toads-back handrail. Several two, raised and fielded panelled doors, and a shouldered fireplace surround at first floor. Cellar is lined with soft red brick possibly from earlier house on the site. Rev. G E Davis. MSS History of Haslingfield R.C.H.M. kestcambs., mon.(15)

Listing NGR: TL4036452240

Selected Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Cambridgeshire West, (1968)

National Grid Reference: TL 40364 52240

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309296 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Sep-2018 at 06:04:20.

End of official listing