CHURCHVIEW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1309297

Date first listed: 30-Sep-1985

Statutory Address: CHURCHVIEW, 36, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCHVIEW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309297 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 04:32:57.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCHVIEW, 36, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Little Abington

National Grid Reference: TL 53044 49271

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 5249 LITTLE ABINGTON CHURCH LANE (North Side)

9/33 No. 36 (Churchview)

GV II

House. C15, C16, rebuilt in late C17 with C20 renovations. Timber-framed and plastered, and partly exposed timber-frame at first floor. Thatched roofs, half hipped to left hand. Plastered brick ridge stack to left of centre and end stack to south gable of cross wing. Two storeys and cellar, three unit plan with main range to left hand totally rebuilt in late C17, and short C16 cross wing reroofed. C20 boarded door in original lobby entry position. Two ground floor casement windows and one first floor casement window to cross wing. Three first floor C18 iron casements with leaded lights. Interior: Three hearths include one in cross wing with chamfered elliptical arch. Exposed floor frames and wall frame showing reused timbers and part of the truss of the original medieval hall with wide tension braces from a central post. Openings for two mullioned windows- with rebates for shutters in rear gable of cross wing; 'YY James Bradford' on a timber in south wall. Two medieval stone niches, possibly introduced by Mr Ricketts, stone mason, (VCH) working on the church in the C19. During recent renovations carved timbers were introduced from Blackthorn Cottage, Earls Colne, Suffolk.

R.C.H.M. Report 1951 V.C.H., Vol. VI, p13

Listing NGR: TL5304449271

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 52014

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 13
Other
Reports on Buildings in the Parishes of Babraham Great Abington Hildersham Linton Little Abington and Pampisford Cambridgeshire, (1951)

End of official listing