WEST LODGE, BROWSHOLME HALL AND PAIR OF GATEPIERS ADJOINING TO SOUTH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1309365

Date first listed: 16-Nov-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 16-Nov-1983

Statutory Address: WEST LODGE, BROWSHOLME HALL AND PAIR OF GATEPIERS ADJOINING TO SOUTH

Map

Ordnance survey map of WEST LODGE, BROWSHOLME HALL AND PAIR OF GATEPIERS ADJOINING TO SOUTH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309365 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 21:30:23.

Location

Statutory Address: WEST LODGE, BROWSHOLME HALL AND PAIR OF GATEPIERS ADJOINING TO SOUTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Ribble Valley (District Authority)

Parish: Bowland Forest Low

National Grid Reference: SD 68261 45121

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SD64 NE BOWLAND FOREST LOW BROWSHOLME

14/11 West Lodge, Browsholme Hall and 16.11.1954 pair of gatepiers adjoining to south (Formerly listed as Main Lodge) GV II

Lodge, 1832. Sandstone rubble with stone slate roof. 2 storeys. The west wall has a 2-storey bay window of ashlar with a 5-light window with moulded mullions on each floor. The lights to the upper window have segmental heads and the mouldings of the mullions are continued vertically across the blank wall between the windows. This latter has a central coat of arms with 'TP 1832' inscribed. The return walls of the bay have 2 similar lights on each floor. The bay window has a solid parapet. Above it is the gable of the house with a coping and crocketed pinnacles. Below the apex is a niche with semi-circular head, and ogee hood with stops. The south wall has a one-bay cross-wing at its right-hand side. It has 2-light moulded mullioned windows with hoods, the 1st floor window having semi-circular heads to the lights. Above is a chamfered opening with semi-circular head and hood. The gable has a coping with crocketed pinnacles. The left-hand part of the south front has a single window, on the 1st floor, and similar to the 1st floor window of the cross-wing. The door, with plain stone surround, is to the right adjoining the cross-wing, as is the chimney. Gatepiers of sandstone ashlar, of square section with moulded cornices.

The South Lodge is in Bashall Eaves parish (q.v.).

Listing NGR: SD6826245123

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 183062

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing