CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309449
Date first listed:
29-Jul-1966
Date of most recent amendment:
02-Sep-1987
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, BRIDGEWATER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309449 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 15:36:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, BRIDGEWATER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Salford (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 72646 01571

Details

WORSLEY BRIDGEWATER ROAD SD 70 SW (south side) 1/31 Church of St. Mary the Virgin (formerly listed as Church of 29/7/66 St. Mary Ellenbrook) G.V. II

Church. 1725, extended to east in later C18, north porch, chancel, baptistry and probably south aisle 1842, vestry C20. Flemish bond brick with slate roof. 5-bay nave with plain segment-headed window openings, replacement double- mullion frames. Norman style gabled porch. Polygonal west baptistry. Small chancel with 3-lancet east window. C19 bell-cote. Similar windows to aisle. Interior: studded oak door with ornamental wrought hinges and frame with ovolo- moulding. Round-arched nave arcade. King-post roof trusses. On site of earlier church.

Listing NGR: SD7264601571

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
211989
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Feb 2005
Reference: IOE01/11405/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr F. Bryan Basketter. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].