COLLEGE FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1309461

Date first listed: 17-Dec-1986

Statutory Address: COLLEGE FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN, 11, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of COLLEGE FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309461 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 16:27:35.

Location

Statutory Address: COLLEGE FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN, 11, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Duxford

National Grid Reference: TL 47812 46165

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 4646 DUXFORD THE GREEN (West Side) 15/58 College Farmhouse and attached barn (No 11) GV II Farmhouse now a house. Late C15 or early C16 with late C16 and C17 alterations and additions, renovated late C19 and remodelled. Timber-framed and plaster infill and plastered. Plain tiled roofs. C19 ridge stack with three stacks and common entablature. Two storeys and attic. Original building unheated and jettied to north of four bays (qv No. 105 High Street, Hinxton) was formerly a guildhall or woolhall. Converted to a farmhouse c.1560 by the addition of a kitchen wing to the west adjoining a five bay early C16 barn. South bay and roof of two south bays rebuilt in late C19, and main elevation remodelled with two storey gabled entrance, crosswing to south and linking passage with pent roof. Patterned bargeboards; applied patterned decoration to windows, four first floor and three ground floor casement windows of various sizes. Panelled door with rectangular fanlight. Exposed jetty in north elevation. Interior: Exposed substantial timber-frame and floor frames, sealed windows with mullioned side lights and shutter grooves, crown-post roof and cambered tiebeams. Moulded mantel beam and fireplaces reduced in width for C19 lobby entrance. Crownpost roof of five bays to barn, modified as a granary in C18 or C19. Caius College, Cambridge owned the property from 1654 to 1825. V.C.H., Vol. VI, pp205, 211

Listing NGR: TL4781246165

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 52883

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 205, 211

End of official listing