PYNES HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309487
Date first listed:
17-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
PYNES HOUSE, CHAPEL STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PYNES HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309487 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 03:49:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
PYNES HOUSE, CHAPEL STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cambridgeshire
District:
South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Duxford
National Grid Reference:
TL 47999 46077

Details

TL 4646 TL 4846 DUXFORD CHAPEL STREET (East Side) 15/46 16/46 Pynes House GV II House. Late C18 or early C19 with late C19 and C20 alterations. Timber-framed with roughcast render. Painted brick end stacks and rear stack. Two storeys, double pile plan with symmetrical facade of three bays. Late C18 six-panelled door with moulded wooden architrave and enriched cornice, flat canopy supported on shaped C19 brackets. Two.. and three-light transomed casement windows with moulded cills and cornices. The house, was possibly built by the chapel minister Benjamin Pyne (1794-1833) and was bought by the chapel in c.1888. Kellys Directories V.C.H., Vol. VI, p218

Listing NGR: TL4799946077

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
52876
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1978), 218
'Kelly's Directory' in Kelly's Directory, ()

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Feb 2003
Reference: IOE01/09847/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Tree. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].