This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

RANGE OF STABLES AND SMITHY TO EAST OF MILTON HALL

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: RANGE OF STABLES AND SMITHY TO EAST OF MILTON HALL

List entry Number: 1309500

Location

RANGE OF STABLES AND SMITHY TO EAST OF MILTON HALL

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: City of Peterborough

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Castor

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 15-Dec-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 24-Feb-1982

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 49938

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5141 CASTOR MILTON PARK Range of stables and smithy to east of Milton Ball (formerly listed as Stables) TL 1499 47/145 15.12.55 II* GV 2. Dated 1720. Coursed stone rubble range of stables with steeply pitched hipped Collyweston stone roof. Two storeys and attic. Coved eaves cornice and band at floor level. U-shaped on plan with elliptical arched carriageway through centre range to courtyard. Ground floor stable doors with rectangular fanlights and horizontal pivot windows with glazing bars. First floor 2-light casements, some retaining their leaded panes and loft doors. The south wing has range of 5 segmental headed carriage doors. Hipped dormers. The blacksmith's workshop wing is to the north.

Listing NGR: TL1457199860

Selected Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 5 Cambridgeshire,

National Grid Reference: TL 14571 99860

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309500 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Sep-2018 at 03:59:51.

End of official listing