CHURCHYARD CROSS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309511
Date first listed:
24-Oct-1988
Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD CROSS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCHYARD CROSS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309511 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Oct-2019 at 04:34:59.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCHYARD CROSS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
East Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Plymtree
National Grid Reference:
ST 05164 02897

Details

PLYMTREE PLYMTREE ST 00 SE 3/147 Churchyard Cross - GV II

Churchyard cross. C15, restored in 1897. Granite. Cross is made up of 2 pieces and stands approximately 2 metres high. It is a plain Latin cross, chamfered edges and slightly tapering shaft. There is a small niche in the front (south) side at the intersection of the arms. The socket stone and 2-step plinth dates from the restoration which is recorded in an inscription around the top step. Source: Devon SMR reports the shaft was used as a gatepost and the head lay in a garden before the 1897 restoration.

Listing NGR: ST0516402897

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
86903
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Aug 2006
Reference: IOE01/16009/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Hedley R. Hooper. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].