KNEEBONE HEADSTONES AT APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF SAINT GWENDRON

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309535
Date first listed:
17-Jun-1988
Statutory Address:
KNEEBONE HEADSTONES AT APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF SAINT GWENDRON

Map

Ordnance survey map of KNEEBONE HEADSTONES AT APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF SAINT GWENDRON
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309535.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2019 at 00:31:59.

Location

Statutory Address:
KNEEBONE HEADSTONES AT APPROXIMATELY 20 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF SAINT GWENDRON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Wendron
National Grid Reference:
SW 67848 31065

Details

SW 63 SE WENDRON WENDRON

4/417 Kneebone headstones at - approximately 20 metres west of Church of Saint Gwendron

GV II

3 headstones. Early C19. Left-hand stone is a round-head incised granite monolith inscribed to : D Kneebone, died 1819 aged 24. Middle stone is a granite monolith with shaped head and incised slate insert (detached at time of survey) inscribed to: Francis Kneebone, died 1826 aged 65; Jan, his wife, died 1820 aged 56; Grace his daughter, died 1825 aged 27 and William his son, died 1825 aged 19. Right-hand stone is an incised segmentally-headed granite monolith inscribed to: P K of Trenear, died 1810 aged 21.

Listing NGR: SW6786031067

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
66406
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/07438/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Hyde. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].