This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MANOR HOUSE WITH ADJOINING FLANKING WALLS

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MANOR HOUSE WITH ADJOINING FLANKING WALLS

List entry Number: 1309617

Location

MANOR HOUSE WITH ADJOINING FLANKING WALLS, HIGH STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Huntingdonshire

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Offord Cluny and Offord D'Arcy

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 54384

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TL 2167 6/6 24.10.51

OFFORD CLUNY HIGH STREET (EAST SIDE) MANOR HOUSE WITH ADJOINING FLANKING WALLS

GV II

House built 1704 by ancestor of present owner, Colonel Sismey. Mid C19 and later additions to rear. Of nine bays, including slightly projecting two bay wings. Red brick. Hipped, plain tile roof with modillion eaves cornice. Two ridge and two side stacks. Two storeys and attics. Three late C19 gabled dormers. Cambered arches to C19 flush wood frame hung sashes with glazing bars. C19 porch of brick with recessed windows to sides and possibly reset late C18 pedimented doorcase of plain pilasters and entablature. Six-panelled door with semi-circular headed fanlight and radiating glazing bars. Porch on East side of similar date. Interior: the first floor retains the original corridor plan and some early C18 doorcases and doors with raised and fielded panelling. The stone floor in the hall is early C18. Part of early C18 back staircase remains in North wing. Two flights. Closed string with turned balusters.

R.C.H.M. (Hunts), mon.2 Pevsner (Buildings of England, p298

Listing NGR: TL2194867094

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Inventory of Huntingdonshire, (1926)
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Bedfordshire, Huntingdon and Peterborough, (1968), 298

National Grid Reference: TL2194867094

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309617 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2018 at 02:15:19.

End of official listing