WOOD FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING BARNS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309649
Date first listed:
03-Jul-1986
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Jul-1986
Statutory Address:
WOOD FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING BARNS

Map

Ordnance survey map of WOOD FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING BARNS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309649 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jun-2019 at 07:17:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
WOOD FARMHOUSE AND ADJOINING BARNS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Oldham (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Saddleworth
National Grid Reference:
SD 99237 09856

Details

SADDLEWORTH CASTLESHAW SD 90 NE 3/34 Wood Farmhouse and adjoining - barns G.V. II Farmhouse and barns. Mid C18 but largely rebuilt including an early C19 facade and C19 barns (one of 1896). Ashlar and hammer-dressed stone with graduated stone slate roof. Double-depth central-entrance plan with 2 storeys and barns to either side. Symmetrical facade with projecting plinth, raised quoins, square eaves gutter brackets and gable chimney stacks. Central door with fanlight, keystone, archivolt and enriched panel above a moulded hood. 4 ground floor and 5 first floor windows with square-cut surrounds and continuous sill bands and C20 casements. The window above the door has an enriched lintel and cornice. Semi- circular-headed gable window. 2 and 3-light double-chamfered cavetto-moulded mullion windows to rear (which has been largely rebuilt in C20) and gables, some of which are blocked. Segmental and elliptical-arched cart entries to barns on each side. Datestone of 1773 is reused from elsewhere. Bulletin of the Saddleworth Historical Society, Vol.4, No.3, 1974.

Listing NGR: SD9923709856

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
212042
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Bulletin of the Saddleworth Historical Society' in Number 3, , Vol. 4, (1974)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].