TOMBSTONES FORMING PATH ADJOINING SOUTH SIDE OF SOUTH SIDE OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MARY MAGDALENE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309715
Date first listed:
30-Sep-1987
Statutory Address:
TOMBSTONES FORMING PATH ADJOINING SOUTH SIDE OF SOUTH SIDE OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MARY MAGDALENE, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of TOMBSTONES FORMING PATH ADJOINING SOUTH SIDE OF SOUTH SIDE OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MARY MAGDALENE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309715 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 10:20:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
TOMBSTONES FORMING PATH ADJOINING SOUTH SIDE OF SOUTH SIDE OF SOUTH AISLE OF CHURCH OF ST MARY MAGDALENE, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Twin Rivers
National Grid Reference:
SE 80865 22689

Details

SE 82 SW TWIN RIVERS MAIN STREET (south side) Whitgift 1/44 Tombstones forming path adjoining south side of south aisle of Church of St Mary Magdalene

GV II

Group of 6 tombstones. Early - mid C18, reset as path. Ashlar. South of second bay of church aisle: 1) to John Wressel of 1711 with verse and additional inscriptions to Nicholas Wressel of 1718 and Mary Empson of 1790. South of third bay: 2) to Elizabeth, wife of John Thompson, and four children, of 1735, with relief carving of a pair of cherub's heads above inscription; 3) to Joshua Dickens of 1707, with additional inscription to wife Sarah of 1714; 4) to George Dunn Younger of 1748 with verse. South of fourth bay: 5) to Ann, wife of John Lightfoot, and daughter Ann, of 1738, with inscription beneath incised segmental arch; 6) to Joseph Whitehead of 1730, with additional inscription to Joseph his father of 1736, beneath incised segmental arch with scrolled decoration.

Listing NGR: SE8086622687

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
165432
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Nov 2001
Reference: IOE01/03823/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Janet Roworth. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].