CHURCH END FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309756
Date first listed:
25-Jan-1985
Statutory Address:
CHURCH END FARMHOUSE, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH END FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309756.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 21:41:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH END FARMHOUSE, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
North Frodingham
National Grid Reference:
TA 09026 53396

Details

TA 05 SE NORTH FRODINGHAM CHURCH LANE (north side)

10/86 Church End Farmhouse



GV II

House. 1619 on datestone, possibly with earlier origins, with C18 extension to former main elevation. Ashlar, red brick in English bond, pantiled roofs. 2 storeys, 2 bays. High chamfered plinth, stone quoins. Gable elevation has C20 window to ground floor in earlier window opening, infilled to right and left, with cyma recta moulding to floating cornice. Datestone over '1619'. Plain close verges. Left elevation (formerly rear H G H elevation) symmetrical: central C20 window to ground floor with cyma recta moulded floating cornice flanked by massive external stacks, each with tumbled-in brick to off-sets, reduced upper section, and paired brick chimneys of star-shaped section. Inserted C20 window to first floor. Extensions to right not of special interest.

Listing NGR: TA0902653396

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
166945
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 May 2003
Reference: IOE01/10689/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Les Waby. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].