EAST DRUXTON FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309838
Date first listed:
09-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
EAST DRUXTON FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of EAST DRUXTON FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309838 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Aug-2019 at 05:33:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
EAST DRUXTON FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
Torridge (District Authority)
Parish:
St. Giles on the Heath
National Grid Reference:
SX 34865 88936

Details

SX 38 NW ST GILES ON THE HEATH

6/30 East Druxton Farmhouse -

II

Farmhouse. Circa 1700. Stone rubble with slate roof gabled at ends and 3 gables to the rear, the rear gables slate-hung, end stacks. A single build house, 1 1/2-rooms deep, the 2 principal rooms at the front on either side of a central passage, parlour to the left, kitchen to the right. The half rooms to the rear correspond to the 3 rear gables and consist of a central stair hall flanked by unheated service rooms. 2 storeys. Symmetrical 5-window front with a string course at first floor level, a central front door and regular fenestration. The embrasures are original but the glazing is late C20 plastic 2-light casements with glazing bars, similarly renewed front door. Interior The original plan is entirely intact. Ground floor right side has 1 wide 2-panel door of 1700, stair with heavy stick balusters, also circa 1700. Otherwise the joinery is C19 and the original chimney pieces have been replaced. An unusually complete plan combining a central passage with symmetry to a 1700 farmhouse, a rare date for farmhouses in the region. The 3 rear gables are a particularly attractive feature of the house.

Listing NGR: SX3486588936

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
90684
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 May 2003
Reference: IOE01/10528/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Barbara Hilton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].