BARN AND STABLES C.40 METRES SOUTH OF UPCOTT

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309859
Date first listed:
14-Nov-1985
Statutory Address:
BARN AND STABLES C.40 METRES SOUTH OF UPCOTT

Map

Ordnance survey map of BARN AND STABLES C.40 METRES SOUTH OF UPCOTT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309859 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 22:55:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
BARN AND STABLES C.40 METRES SOUTH OF UPCOTT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
North Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Braunton
National Grid Reference:
SS 48291 39216

Details

SS 43 NE BRAUNTON UPCOTT

7/57 Barn and stables c.40 metres south - of Upcott Farm

- II

Barn built 1833 extended at right gable end in early C20, and added extension on left end. Rubble with gable-ended slate roofs. 2 large cambered arch cart openings with roughly dressed stone in the arches. Pair of large double wooden doors flank slate plaque with inscription "This Barn was built in 1833: Mr George Avery Proprietor. Wm and Sam Hammond Builders". Extension at right end built 1915 inscription V.I.S. 1915. Rubbed brick cambered arches to openings. Lower extension to left with pantiled roof cob walling over slate rubblestone. Loft door over stabledoor.

Listing NGR: SS4829139216

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
98361
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00126/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Robin Mellor. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].